Rope Access Training, Rope Access II
Rope Access II
Rope Access II
This 5-day course prepares candidates for SPRAT Level II certification. This course focuses on more complex rope access tasks required of an experienced technician working under the supervision of a Level III technician.
• Understand and follow rope access procedures, work plans, and associated risk assessments
• Inspect personal rope access equipment
• Perform a variety of rope access maneuvers
• Capable of more complex rigging and rescue techniques
Job-site Safety and Documentation
• Understand guidelines for Rope Access work and relevant legislation
• Understand the process to develop an access work plan and job safety analysis
• Able to identify and mitigate hazards
• Establish exclusion zones
• Document Rope Access work using experience logbooks
• Capable of more complex rigging, including retrievable rope systems and systems pre-rigged to lower
• Capable of inspecting the safety of rope access systems
• Able to tie a variety of knots and hitches
Rope Access Techniques and Rescues
• All rope access techniques, including horizontal and vertical aid climbing
• Rescue a casualty through a variety of rigging scenarios
• Rigging and operating more complex hauling and lowering systems used for rescue scenarios
Candidates seeking certification to SPRAT Level II Technician must have appropriate previous industrial rope access experience.
Participants will be asked to perform moderate to strenuous activities. A physical examination by a doctor is strongly recommended. Candidates will be required to sign a Liability Release Form and a Statement of Medical Condition confirming the absence of known medical conditions that might preclude their ability to safely work at height.